Friday, February 11, 2011

Jasper's at The Domain

I figured that Jasper's would be an early posting on this blog because it's a little tricky for the two of us to make it to a "normal" Happy Hour. Most HH's are over by 7 (and often don't take place on weekend nights) but Jasper's has a HH menu that you can use any time as long as you're on the patio or in the bar. So no matter what time our date is - Jasper's has some HH options.

Lucky for me, I snagged our babysitter at the last minute and we headed over to The Domain. What a fabulous date. For one thing, I'd just finished my first ever "spa day" where I enjoyed a manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, and hair stylin' all on the same day. That's something that might never happen again so I really tried to soak it up. I felt like a million bucks because the hairstylist was able to do amazing things that are beyond my mere mortal capabilities.

I rushed home, threw on some lipstick and mascara, grabbed my black heels and my grandmother's mink (technically, my mink now) and strutted into the bar. I started with the Skinny Margatini - which was perfect for me but probably too tart for most people. After that, I had a sangria. My husband had the house margarita. We split the blue cheese potato chips and two orders of the brisket tacos (appetizer size - each order had two tacos) which was, bar none, the best brisket I've ever put into my mouth. Don't tell my mom I said that. So that's three appetizers and three really fabulous drinks for a grand total of $34 (not including tip).

I'm telling you - if you want some great food, a classy atmosphere and great drinks - Jasper's is a wonderful choice. They have a number of appetizers and drinks for just $5. The menu has enough variety that I'd like to go back soon, but because I want to experience more diversity in my HH hunt, I probably won't rush back because date nights are precious. I'm already looking forward to the week in summer when we'll be on our own - I'll probably be insisting on a HH every night...at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment