Friday, March 25, 2011

Sago - The Triangle - Austin, Tx

I meet some friends from my old job on a semi-regular basis at Sago. I think they bill themselves as "modern mexican" - and their food is definitely unique. I've never been disappointed. David and I had been there for Happy Hour in the past but we went a few nights ago and I realized I should blog about their Happy Hour because it is definitely blog-worthy.

Happy Hour is from 2:30 - 7 each day. (I can't even imagine being able to go to HH at 2:30 in the afternoon but I might have to give that a try one day this summer when both kids are away at the grandparents because it sounds like something someone from the Hamptons would do. I guess. I've never really been clear on what, exactly, the Hamptons are - I just know it involves wealth from up North.) David had their regular frozen margarita and thought it was a bit sweet. I started with a Paloma but the tequila they used tasted odd to me so I asked if I could replace it with a Mojito. Best call of the entire night....it was an awesome mojito. Their Sangrias are pretty good also.

On the appetizer front, they have some good choices - they aren't quite 1/2 off for HH but they're a pretty good deal. As a matter of fact, we made it out of there for $30 (that counts tip!) and we had 3 appetizers and 3 drinks between us. Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment